- Listed: December 23, 2014 8:37 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
“˜Piece of mind’ is the thought behind insurance. Sometimes it goes beyond that. The law may require a certain amount of coverage to avoid penalties. This is true of auto insurance. How can you make a wise decision regarding car insurance? Read the following article for some handy tips to do just that!
Driving less can help you save money on your auto insurance. If you’ve retired or started telecommuting, tell your insurance agent right away. Without those long commutes every day, you’ll probably be able to get a lower premium. The fewer miles you drive, the better rate you’re likely to get.
One overlooked way to save money on your car insurance is to stick with the same company for an extended period of time. Most insurance companies offer reduced rates to long-term customers which can add up to big savings over time. So, find an insurance agency to your liking, stick with them and watch your premiums go down.
When you rent a car, you will likely be asked if you want to purchase coverage for the vehicle. Before you answer, you should know whether or not your personal automobile insurance covers rental cars. If it does, how much is covered? Ask your agent, or read your policy to be clear.
You may be able to avoid having to pay for costly rental car insurance if you complete the rental transaction using a credit card that provides coverage. Be sure to read the fine print in your credit card agreement as the offerings can vary between cards. In most cases you’ll have to do the entire rental transaction on the same card to keep from voiding the coverage.
If you truly don’t use your car for much more than ferrying kids to the bus stop and/or to and from the store, ask your insurer about a discount for reduced mileage. Most insurance companies base their quotes on an average of 12,000 miles per year. If your mileage is half that, and you can maintain good records showing that this is the case, you should qualify for a lower rate.
When purchasing car insurance, it is important to keep in mind that they are only insuring the driver of the car that is on the policy. Many times people will let a friend borrow their car, and if they get in an accident, the insurance refuses to pay. You can get a policy that allows other people to take the wheel of your car, but it costs more for that coverage.
Nearly all states require you to purchase liability insurance for your vehicle, although the minimum amount of coverage required often isn’t sufficient. For example, if you’re unfortunate enough to hit a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, chances are slim that your minimum property damage liability coverage is going to be enough to pay for the cost of repairs. Increasing your coverage is fairly inexpensive and is a smart way to protect your assets in the event of a serious accident.
Shop for your car insurance online. Shopping online for car insurance can save you, on average, 5% to 10%. It saves you money because it saves the insurance provider money. Doing things online is just less expensive from all angles. You can even shop around and compare rates much easier.
If you are a younger driver who is being hit with extra insurance charges because of your age, don’t worry too much. Many agencies work with a “good student” discount. This means if you have above a certain GPA and bring in your transcripts you can receive a discount, sometimes a quite substantial one. Make sure not to overlook this opportunity.
As this article has now explained, there are many factors to take into consideration when selecting and using an auto insurance plan. Car owners should not go without insurance, but it is important not to rush into a plan that does not correctly fit your needs. Using the advice from this article, take your time to carefully incorporate the right type of auto insurance into your driving life.
If you adored this article and also you would like to be given more info regarding car insurance For brand new drivers please visit our site.
288 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Margherita
- Member Since: December 11, 2014
Other items listed by Margherita
- Use These Car Insurance For New Drivers Tips And Save Your Money
- Car Insurance For New Drivers Tips That Can Help You Out
- How To Get Cheap Rates On Car Insurance For New Drivers
- Getting Car Insurance For New Drivers Tips That Are Quick And Easy
- Forget That High-Cost Insurance And Use These Tips To Save On Auto Coverage
Popular Ads Overall
- Top Choices Of Credit Card Of Citibank (28608 views)
- Life, Death and Make An Aol Email Address (27664 views)
- Six Facts Everyone Should Know About Facebook Login (15686 views)
- Want to Know More About Citibank Mobile Login? (14013 views)
- The Insider Secrets of Log In Facebook Log In Facebook Discovered (12756 views)
- The Leaked Secret to Www Facebook Login Discovered (12091 views)
- How To Slap Down A Msn.com Hotmail (11422 views)
- Virility Ex South Africa Availability – Confused About Nutrition? Some Healthful Suggestions To Get You Started out (10434 views)
- 6 Ways Apple Id Without Credit Card Will Help You Get More Business (10306 views)
- 5 Surefire Ways Www.paypal.com Login Will Drive Your Business Into The Ground (9869 views)