- Listed: January 9, 2015 5:37 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Following a healthy lifestyle doesn’t guarantee that you will live a long time. You’re not immortal, after all, and fatal accidents or terminal illnesses happen to everyone sooner or later. Life is unpredictable. You can’t tell what will happen next.
When choosing life insurance, be sure to have a good idea of how much money your loved ones will require. This is important because of the amount of debt that they might be left with the burden of paying off after you die. Consider car payments, mortgage, credit card debts, funeral and burial costs, and the cost of raising children.
Life insurance is set up to provide families with financial security upon the death of a loved one. To determine the type of policy and financial amount needed for your family, consider your mortgages, debts and all final expenses, as well as living allowances, college education expenses, etc.
Include coverage for both ongoing expenses as well as one-time expenses when you are buying life insurance. Life insurance also helps to pay for expenses that happen only once, like funeral costs and estate taxes, both of which can be high.
Life insurance companies often charge cigarette smokers double the usual premium. A way to reduce the monthly cost of your insurance, is to quit smoking if you are a smoker. Another way to bring your premium down is to stay in shape. Physically fit, non-smokers are at far less risk for developing illness and diseases.
When you are looking into life insurance, you will want to determine how much coverage you will need. While there are online calculators that will help you find a more exact figure, the easiest way to determine the amount of coverage you need is to take your annual salary and then multiply that number by eight.
Do not bother with policies that are termed as guaranteed issue unless there are no other viable options. Guaranteed life policies are targeted towards individuals with some life insurance sort of pre-existing health condition. If you get this kind of life insurance, you can avoid medical exams, but you’ll need to pay significantly higher premiums. Your coverage will also be much more limited.
Some life insurance companies may suggest that you purchase a mortgage insurance policy, which pays off your mortgage should you die. However, it is wiser to take the amount of your mortgage into account when purchasing coverage for a term life insurance or whole life insurance policy. This makes life insurance more sense because your mortgage steadily declines over time, although your mortgage insurance premium does not. In the long run, it is more cost effective to include the amount of your mortgage in with your life insurance policy.
Speaking with an independent broker about your life insurance policy options is a pretty good way to avoid the company’s sales pitch. A private broker will always have access to many more policy options, meaning that you will have a much wider range of life insurance policies to choose from.
Life insurance can help ease the burden to your family by helping with funeral and burial expenses. Policies also pay your family an amount that you designate. For a relatively low monthly cost, your family can be covered $100,000, $250,000, $500,000, or another amount that is right for you.
Have your medical history ready when applying for a life insurance policy, because waiting around can be a hassle for everyone. You know that they’re going to request your medical history, and unless you’ve kept track of it yourself, the hospital’s records system might take weeks or months to get it to you.
Now that you have a good grasp of the basics, it’s time to put that information to use. Remember what you have read and try to apply it to the life insurance plans that you evaluate. If you do that consistently, you’ll find a great plan that’s just what you need. Don’t put it off.
449 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: MaeFuchsxga
- Member Since: December 8, 2014
Other items listed by MaeFuchsxga
- Life Insurance- What You Need To Know
- Get The Most Out Of Your Life Insurance With This Advice
- The Best Tips To Follow When Choosing Life Insurance
- Actionable Information About Life Insurance
- What To Know When Buying Life Insurance
Popular Ads Overall
- Top Choices Of Credit Card Of Citibank (29545 views)
- Life, Death and Make An Aol Email Address (28259 views)
- Six Facts Everyone Should Know About Facebook Login (16318 views)
- Want to Know More About Citibank Mobile Login? (14729 views)
- The Insider Secrets of Log In Facebook Log In Facebook Discovered (13062 views)
- The Leaked Secret to Www Facebook Login Discovered (12680 views)
- How To Slap Down A Msn.com Hotmail (12169 views)
- Virility Ex South Africa Availability – Confused About Nutrition? Some Healthful Suggestions To Get You Started out (11108 views)
- 6 Ways Apple Id Without Credit Card Will Help You Get More Business (10527 views)
- 5 Surefire Ways Www.paypal.com Login Will Drive Your Business Into The Ground (10262 views)