- Listed: January 3, 2015 4:31 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
When you need to protect your family’s financial situation, life insurance makes a lot of sense. Many employers offer group life insurance or your financial adviser can recommend a quality company. Life insurance can also be purchased from online sources, but it’s important to do your homework so you know what to buy.
When choosing life insurance, be sure to have a good idea of how much money your loved ones will require. This is important because of the amount of debt that they might be left with the burden of paying off after you die. Consider car payments, mortgage, credit card debts, funeral and burial costs, and the cost of raising children.
Choose the life insurance amount wisely. The older you are and the larger the payout, the more it costs. Keep in mind: life insurance is not designed to pay off your house and finance your whole family for the rest of their natural lives. Choose an amount which comfortably helps them through the few month after your death.
Be careful to not buy too much or too little insurance coverage. life insurance The general rule of thumb is to have at least 5 to 7 times your current salary as your benefit amount. Keep in mind what will have to be covered based on your families needs. Many people also make the mistake of buying too much and end up with inflated insurance premiums for coverage they don’t really need.
Obtain life insurance from financial professionals, not through brokers. A broker often earns a standard commission through the act of selling insurance, which creates a reason to lie or manipulate for profit. Financial advisers earn a flat fee for their services and the products they sell. Because of this, a financial adviser will be far less driven to make a sale, and is more likely to be honest with you.
Your insurance agent may try to sell you additional riders to add to your life insurance policy. However, these are often unnecessary, so make sure you fully understand the purpose of each one before deciding if it would benefit you. For example, a family benefit rider allows for your death benefit to be paid in monthly increments rather than one lump sum, so your family receives a steady source of income.
To save money on your life insurance policy you should aim to pay yearly instead of monthly. Choosing to pay the premium in this manner will decrease your premiums. For those holding a small policy, the savings will not be so great. However, those holding a large policy will notice a significant amount of savings.
Speak with your family about purchasing life insurance in order to reach the best decision. Nobody wants to think about death like this, but you must broach the topic and find out what life insurance the needs of your family are. In this life, it is very important to always be prepared for these types of things.
One of the more common life insurance pitfalls is viewing a policy as an investment. Many whole life insurance policies come packaged in such a way that a part of your payment is saved and invested to be paid out upon your death. This is a mistake because there are better places to invest your money. You should view life insurance strictly as protection against death and not as an investment.
Understand that most life insurance companies offer a range of different payment options to your beneficiaries. If you think those you leave behind would be better off receiving periodic payments, then this is something you have to decide now. You can choose to give the lump sum or to break it up.
Choose permanent life insurance if you want to build cash value. Building cash value in a life insurance policy helps you have additional cash for the future. The insured can borrow the cash value at a low interest rate. They can also use it to pay the premiums. The cash grows tax-free, and some financial planners recommend it as a way to cover estate taxes as part of a comprehensive financial plan.
In conclusion, there is a lot to learn about life insurance, and hopefully you were able to follow without any issue. Just follow the information that was provided and you should either be able to further solidify what you already know or apply it in a way that you had never considered before.
359 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Tamera Krischock
- Member Since: October 29, 2014
Other items listed by Tamera Krischock
- When You Should Think About Getting Life Insurance
- Life Insurance Guidelines That Are Easy To Understand
- What Everyone Should Know About Life Insurance
- Tips For The Right Life Insurance For You
- Life Insurance Tips That You You Need Today
Popular Ads Overall
- Top Choices Of Credit Card Of Citibank (27713 views)
- Life, Death and Make An Aol Email Address (27037 views)
- Six Facts Everyone Should Know About Facebook Login (14961 views)
- Want to Know More About Citibank Mobile Login? (13107 views)
- The Insider Secrets of Log In Facebook Log In Facebook Discovered (12472 views)
- The Leaked Secret to Www Facebook Login Discovered (11355 views)
- How To Slap Down A Msn.com Hotmail (10843 views)
- 6 Ways Apple Id Without Credit Card Will Help You Get More Business (10177 views)
- Virility Ex South Africa Availability – Confused About Nutrition? Some Healthful Suggestions To Get You Started out (9675 views)
- 5 Surefire Ways Www.paypal.com Login Will Drive Your Business Into The Ground (9657 views)